Horizontal stripes are the easiest technique in weaving.
Perfect for beginning weavers.
All you have to do is weave a few rows of each color.
If you want neat and clean edges, you have to loop the yarns around each other on the selvedges (the sides of the weaving).
Let's get started.
• Weave four rows of color A.
• Begin color B on the opposite side.
• On the return be sure to loop around the color A yarn. This will hide color A inside the selvedge until you use it again.
• Weaving four rows of each color creates an even stripe.
• Weaving three rows of each color looks a little wavy.
• And weaving two rows of each color is even wavier.
What happens when you weave one row of each color?
Well, that’s how you make vertical stripes.
So stay tuned.
Better yet, sign up for my mailing list so you don't miss out!
Scroll down and fill out the form below to join our weaving party!
This post is part a series of tutorials in which I teach you the basics of weaving on a simple frame loom. The techniques can be done on any size loom.
I'm using my Lucy Loom, click here to get one for yourself!