Horizontal stripes are the easiest technique in weaving.
Perfect for beginning weavers.
All you have to do is weave a few rows of each color.
If you want neat and clean edges, you have to loop the yarns around each other on the selvedges (the sides of the weaving).
Let's get started.
• Weave four rows of color A.
• Begin color B on the opposite side.
• On the return be sure to loop around the color A yarn. This will hide color A inside the selvedge until you use it again.
• Weaving four rows of each color creates an even stripe.
• Weaving three rows of each color looks a little wavy.
• And weaving two rows of each color is even wavier.
What happens when you weave one row of each color? You get vertical stripes!
Click here to go to the next lesson, How to Weave Vertical Stripes on a Frame Loom
This post is part a series of tutorials in which I teach you the basics of weaving on a simple frame loom. The techniques can be done on any size loom.
I'm using my Lucy Loom, click here to get one for yourself!
Comments will be approved before showing up.