How to Weave Vertical Stripes
Vertical stripes are fun to weave, when you use just two colors it's called a pick and pick weave.
I'm using my Lucy Loom, click here to get one for yourself!
If you've never woven before go here, for the first lesson:
Weaving Pick and Pick
Weaving pick and pick on a small loom means the edges are going to demand a bit of care. We want to keep them as neat as possible.
• Here I wove a few rows of color A as a base.
• Weave 1 row of color B.
• Just as in weaving horizontal stripes, be sure to loop color A around color B.
• Weave 1 row color A.
• Weave 1 row color B.
• Repeat this pattern, and you’ll see a vertical stripe emerge. Just keep it up for as long as you want your stripe to be.
Get my Book!
- You never know where you might find yourself weaving.
- In the park, under a tree, or maybe even up in the tree!
- No worries, this little book will fit right into your project bag, so you can take it with you anywhere your heart desires. And you will be a happy weaver.
click here to see the book
Here’s something fun to try.
• Weave 2 rows of color B.
• Weave 1 row of color A.
• Repeat the pattern, and you’ll see the vertical stripe switch on the warp ends. I finished my piece with color B to balance the design.
Once you master weaving pick and pick vertical stripes, weaving a checkerboard will be easy!
Continue to checkerboards.
Hey there new weavers!
Are you confused by some of those weaving terms?
Fear not, I’ve got something to help you keep your brain sorted.
A pdf with photos and illustrations makes it easy to learn the basic weaving terms.
Here are the looms you can find in my shop:
Lucy Loom - 5 x 7 inches - Acrylic
Annie Loom - 5.5 x 10 inch - Wood
Do you like tiny things? I do!
Tiny Loom - 2.5 x 3.5 inches - Wood